Mahindra Thar 4×2 is available in two variants AX(O) and LX, priced between Rs 9.99 Lakh – Rs 13.49 Lakh (ex-showroom).
- The RWD Thar misses out on the low-range transfer that comes with the 4WD version.
- It gets an automatic gearbox with the same 2-litre turbo petrol engine as before.
- The rear wheel drive variants get the new 1.5-litre diesel engine mated to a manual gearbox.
- There is no change in the powertrain of the 4-wheel drive variants.
- Its comparison will be with the upcoming Maruti Jimny, which will be offered in both RWD and 4WD options.
- Mahindra has added two new color options: Everest White and Blazing Bronze.
Mahindra Thar rear wheel drive has been launched in India. It has been introduced in both petrol and diesel engine options. It will be available only in hard top roof.
Mahindra Thar 4X2 Price
1) Variant – AX (O) Diesel MT Hard Top
Price – 9.99 lakh rupees
2) Variant – LX Diesel MT Hard Top
Price – 10.99 lakh rupees
3) Variant – LX Petrol AT Hard Top
Price – 13.49 lakh rupees
Mahindra Thar is offered at an introductory price which is valid only for the first 10,000 customers. We believe that it can get so many bookings on the first day itself. Deliveries of the RWD Thar will start from January 14.
With this update, the Mahindra SUV now gets two new exterior color shades: Everest White and Blazing Bronze. This color option is also available on the XUV300 TurboSport. Other color options for the Thar include Aqua Marine, Galaxy Grey, Rocky Badge, Mastic Copper Red Rage and Napoli Black. Mahindra has given a bigger cubby hole for the Thar 4×4 selector and the 4×4 badging has been removed from it.
The entry-level Mahindra Thar has the same 152PS 2-litre turbo petrol engine as before. The all wheel drive model of this SUV car continues to get the 2.2 liter diesel engine. Whereas the diesel model of RWD Thar has been given 118PS 1.5-liter engine. The inclusion of a smaller engine will now give it tax benefits, making it slightly cheaper to buy. The engine gets both 6-speed manual and automatic gearbox options, but only the automatic gearbox is offered with the diesel engine. Mahindra Thar gets rear-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive options in both petrol and diesel engine options.