MICHELIN - Energy XM2
Key Features of XM2
Firm grip with the road surface which helps reduce the braking distance. ( STOPS UP TO 1.7 METERS SHORTER )
* Excellent grip in both dry and wet road conditions comes from two main technologies.
1. The tread compound is more flexible. It better adapts itself to the irregularities of the road surface (Micro-Adaptive Compound).
2. The wider grooves on the tread evacuate a greater volume of water, reducing risk of aquaplanning (Wide Tread Grooves).
* Exceptionally long tyre life - Lasts 28 % more compared to the leading competitor in India.
* Alternative Bridging Technology - Reinforces the rigidity of the tread blocks . By limiting their flexibility , it reduces the risk of rapid tyre wear , increasing tyre logevity.
* Low rolling resistance contributes to fuel savings - 22% reduction in rolling resistance when compared to the leading competitor in India.
* Silica based tread compound - Reduces the heat generated by the friction between the rubber and the road. Thus, less energy is lost, reducing fuel consumption.
Register and benefit from it!
Our tyres are made to meticulous quality standards. That's why every tyre designed and manufactured by Michelin, is warranted by Michelin.To register warranty for your Michelin tyres, contact your dealer.
Warranty - What is covered and for how long
Michelin Passenger Car and Light Truck Tyres manufactured under the authorized TM’s “MICHELIN” and “BF Goodrich”, used in normal service and in accordance with the maintenance recommendations and safety warnings of Michelin, are covered by a warranty against defects in design, workmanship and materials subject to the conditions set out below.
a. Tyres sold within 3 years of the manufacturing date: Where the tyres are sold within 3 years of the manufacturing date, the warranty shall be for the life of the original usable tread pattern or 3 years from the date of purchase, whichever comes first.
b. Tyres sold 3 years after the manufacturing date: Where the tyres are sold 3 years after the manufacturing date, the warranty shall be for the life of the original usable tread pattern or 6 years from the date of manufacture, whichever comes first. At the end of the relevant periods stated in paragraphs a. and b. above (each referred to as the ‘Warranty Period’), all warranties, express or implied are terminated. The original usable tread pattern is the original pattern down to the level of the tread pattern wear indicators – 1.6 mm of tread pattern remaining. Date of purchase is documented by new vehicle registration (where the tyres were fitted on a new vehicle) or original tyre sales invoice. If there is no proof of purchase, the warranty will be based on the date of manufacture.
At the end of the relevant periods stated in paragraphs a. and b. above (each referred to as the "Warranty Period"), all warranties, express or implied are terminated. The original usable tread pattern is the original pattern down to the level of the tread pattern wear indicators - 1.6 mm of tread pattern remaining. Date of purchase is documented by new vehicle registration (where the tyres were fitted on a new vehicle) or original tyre sales invoice. If there is no proof of purchase, the warranty will be based on the date of manufacture.
What is not covered
Tyres which become unserviceable under the following circumstances are not covered by this warranty:
* Road hazard injury (e.g. a cut, snag, bruise, impact damage or puncture, whether repairable or not); or
* Incorrect mounting of the tyre, tyre/wheel imbalance or improper repair; or
* Mechanical irregularity in the vehicle such as wheel misalignment resulting in uneven or rapid wear; or
* Tyres fitted to or used with incompatible or improper valves, rims or wheels; or
* Vehicles, which are carrying loads or running at speeds higher than the load and speed index marked on the tyre side walls or that recommended for the vehicles; or
* Under-inflation, over-inflation, improper maintenance or other abuse; or
* Tyres purchased second hand; or
* Improper storage; or
* Tyres, which have not been fitted or used in accordance with the technical recommendations of the manufacturer as published from time to time; or
* Accident, fire, chemical explosion, tyre alteration or vandalism; or
* Climatic or ozone effects.
Conditions and exclusion
Where the tyre becomes unserviceable due to a condition within the terms of this warranty, the consumer must immediately notify in writing to Michelin of the claim in relation to the purchased tyre. The consumer shall further provide Michelin with any further information that Michelin may require in order to establish such claim. Upon receipt of written notice to such effect from the consumer, Michelin may at its option (i) repair the tyre; or (ii) supply an equivalent as replacement; or (iii) reimburse the value of the tyre based on the remaining tread depth or offer such other form of compensation according to its prevailing commercial policy. The period of warranty obligation for any replaced or repaired tyre shall not exceed 6 months after expiry of the Warranty Period of the delivered defective tyre.
This warranty does not provide compensation for any indirect damages including but not limited to service charges incurred, charges for mounting and balancing, loss of time, loss of use of vehicle, inconvenience or consequential damage insofar as the law permits.
Tyres presented to an authorized Michelin Dealer for compensation remain the property of the consumer and Michelin accepts no responsibility for loss of or damage to tyres which are in the custody or control of an authorized Michelin Dealer for the purposes of inspection. Tyres accepted by an authorized Michelin Dealer for compensation become the property of Michelin. In the event of a dispute, the consumer must make the tyre available for further inspection.
No authorized Michelin Dealer, representative or employee has the authority to make or imply any representation, promise or agreement that in any way varies the terms of this warranty. Any technical data, specifications and quality specifications generally furnished by Michelin from time to time in relation to its tyre(s) shall not constitute a part of the warranty or assured characteristics of any tyre(s) unless expressly confirmed in writing in relation to the particular tyre(s) purchased by a consumer.